Picasso

Saw PALA last night and had a great time! What a fantastic show.

The direction, the set, the performances, the costumes, the lighting, the sound design, all worked cohesively.

I was especially impressed with Joey, Clay, and Jeff. All the actors did a great job, but I saw these three take a step forward in their acting ability. Not that they weren't great already, I just saw new great in them last night.

Well done, everybody!

On a side note: I made a minor fool of myself last night. I saw Totie B with a guy I didn't recognize last night, way across the smokey Mabee Theatre. So, I sent her a text that read, "Is that your bro?" Thinking it might be her New Orleans brother. She texted me back and I saw her talking to him and laughing. When her text arrived it read "That's Dr. Jortner." (My new graduate professor) I looked up and he was waving. I sheepishly waved back.

After the show I got to chat with him, and he's a kind, accessible guy, who wants students to call him Dave or David. Nice. Looking forward to learning from him.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

PALA is the single greatest thing that ever was.

And Beki's wicked pretty.