Green Room Olympics - Don't Boycott!

In my short time I have seen exactly two sporting events occur in the Green Room.

1. Sock Wrestling - I learned of this game from my son, who loves it, although he is 1-8 in his P.E. sock wrestling league. (And the 1 is his friend Bryson, who has Down's Syndrome.) I, Dan Buck, was challenged to a sock wrestling match by John R. (almost one half my age and twice my height). It was a battle royale witnessed by Victoria Eisle (who, after seeing the last workshop I'm sure could kick both our butts in sock wrestling) and Bethany Salminen. John Rugsseggjgarr edged me out by one sock, but I put up a good fight. I'm still sore (it was over two weeks ago).

2. Windy Ball - This occurred yesterday in the Green Room before workshop when Melissa Flowers donated her Wendy's Kids' meal prize to the Theatre Department. It included two cool paddles, a large plastic ball, and a pathetic paper net. It is called Windy ball because Melissa, and a number of other native Texans say Windy's instead of Wendy's--and when I pointed it out, they couldn't see the difference. So... Windy Ball.

If you know of further athletic feats accomplished in the confines of the Green Room or anywhere in the H-S building, tell us about it in the comments!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

John and I did fort building and are still waiting for opponents!

Kelsey

Anonymous said...

flower, just one. Unless you are trying to disguise my name which, in that case you are not doing a very good job.

I think we could really start a fight against childhood obesity with the help of this game. Thank you wendy for supplying us with guilt and calories and appeasing it with such an amazing exercise that is fun too!

DAN BUCK said...

it's a better disuise than Melissas Flower