Intro to the Baylor Green Room

I have found that I am addicted to the Green Room. When I don't have a class or lots to do, or especially when I DO have lots to do I find myself drawn to hang out with the most creative fun people I know in the Baylor Theatre Green Room.

Adria's always there and has admitted a similar addiction.

This blog will chronicle the goings on of the Green Room and other miscellaneous theatre happenings and observations. My hope is that they will be about the people, places and events you all know so well that you'll be riveted by every line.

For example:

The Elevator
For all it's faults the Hooper-Schaeffer building has a few glorious qualities, one of which is the immediate-door-closing elevator. When you press the (1) or the (2) button the doors close right away. No delay. No waiting for stragglers to the elevator. Instant gratification.

The other interesting thing about the elevator is that it constantly has more and more seating. I often wonder if people are using it as a rehearsal space. Or I expect there to be a refrigerator in there next time. Senior prank idea - move Stan's entire desk into that elevator.

This is the kind of hard hitting jourbalism I hope to tackle on this blog I hope you'll stop by again soon.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Also, it is interesting to note that the elevator capacity is 26 people. Anyone care to challenge that?

DAN BUCK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hard hitting jourbalism. Jerbalism. Gerbilism. Cool, Dan.

Meatball said...

Above beat me to that comment.


Gerbilism makes me titter.

Anonymous said...

i was actually trapped in that famed elevator for about an hour and a half while doing costume run crew freshman year. best hour and a half of my life.

(this is lindsay...i forgot my blogger password)

DAN BUCK said...

who was with you?

Anonymous said...

zach krohn and taylor kulhanek. i have pictures on facebook...too bad you can't see them.

Lilablu said...

oh man - that is a great story - make lindsay tell it to you next time you see her!

DAN BUCK said...

For the record, I had spotted the jourbalism typo, but Adria made me keep it.

Anonymous said...

On the Subject of the elevator, I have a story that may or may not read as funny. So I am one of those people who eminates coolness and I decide that I want to suspend my body from one side of the elevator to the other by means of the two wooden hand rails. I put my hands on one rail, faced the other, and put up one foot. I also happen to be slightly short to sucessfully accomplish this, so my left foot is secured on the opposite rail by my toes. Appearantly that slight grip was enough encouragment for me to try my right foot. I pushed myself up, swung my leg to the other side of the elevator but not soon enough to avoid the ginormous WHOOMP! of my entire body landing on the floor of the elevator causing it to retreat to the second floor for a split second. Mostly this attempt of mine scared the crap out of my fellow elevator passengers who didn't know that it was my not so skilled acrobatics which caused their bodies to fly in the air a little. Then they saw my fat ass on the floor. I don't think we stopped laughing for about twenty minutes. I swore them to secrecy, so when we passed the greenroom, everyone was jealous becuase we wouldn't share with them the hilarity that is me. Now I am sharing my recommendation to try such tricks in the elevator only if you are on the tall, graceful and thin end of things...the end.